Advocacy is largely invisible work for students, affecting, for example, the administrative bodies of the university of applied sciences, where the student union selects student representatives. The student union also carries out educational and social policy advocacy in collaboration with other student unions. Students’ interests are thus safeguarded both locally and nationally.
VAMOK influences students’ national advocacy as a member of the National Union of Students in Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences SAMOK ry.
As for student advocacy, VAMOK’s tasks include acting as the voice of students in various bodies and working groups, and safeguarding student interests by listening to students, for example, by conducting surveys and conveying information to VAMK’s administration. VAMOK also takes a stance on current issues affecting students. Important tasks for VAMOK include monitoring the quality of education and providing support to students in problematic situations. VAMOK has, for example, harassment contact persons (female and male), from whom students can receive confidential assistance with their problems.
Any member of the student union has the opportunity to influence in VAMOK in terms of advocacy! A student can influence, for example, in the representative body, VAMOK’s board, or in working groups.
Working groups and bodies where VAMOK represents
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Management Team
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Company Board
- Vaasa Student Housing Foundation VOAS Board
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Degree Board
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Well-being Working Group
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Education Responsibility Meetings
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Quality Team
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ Preparedness Group
"*" indicates required fields